- Non smoking policy
The premises are strictly non smoking, for tenants as well as for their visitors. Any breach of this rule may result in immediate termination of the lease at the tenant's expense.
- Right of peaceful occupancy
The management (owner and house manager) is to ensure the quiet occupancy of the hired premises. S/he has access to the rented premises in case of an emergency, or with the tenant's permission. S/he can access the room once a month for inspection of the room if necessary. Both parties (tenant and management) or third parties to whom access has been granted in the premises, must refrain from any behaviour that would disturb the peace and quietness enjoyed by the other tenants and/or neighbours such as: loud or overbearing guests, noise in the rooms, the halls and the staircase. Visits are allowed until 23:00 hours.
- Sublet or lease transfer
Subletting of transferring the lease is not allowed unless written agreement is granted by the management.
- Damage to the property
The tenant is responsible for replacement or repair cost of any element in the room damaged by him/herself or guests (e.g broken window, scratched paint, damage to the fridge or kitchenette etc) as well as for maintaining the room in a clean state.
- Halls, staircase, doorways, roof & drainpipes
It is strictly forbidden to leave objects in those locations as well as in the common parts of the residence, or to access the roof in any way.
- Changes to the residence
No change to the rented nor the common parts can be carried out without written consent from the management. This applies, amongst other things, to : hanging frames, nailed/sticked posters, adding or removing fixed features. It is strictly forbidden to use nails or screws. "Soft" decoration such as pictures, posters etc can be attached using removable means only. No tape, pins or nails. Any cost incurred by holes to be covered/painting work or repairs to be carried out after the tenant moves out will be deducted from the deposit.
- Preventing blocked pipes
To prevent sinks and evacuation pipes from becoming blocked it is totally prohibited to discard food remains, rubbish, oily substances except in normal (white) rubbish bags. Any blocks will be charged to the responsible party.
- Garbage removal / cleaning
Check out the days of garbage removal in the area where you live. Garbage days are twice a week. Each tenant is responsible for removing his/her garbage and leaving it in a white/blue/yellow bag (bought from any supermarket) outside the main entry from the previous evening (thus Monday or Thursday evening) after 8 pm. Glass bottles are to put into special containers placed in a street close to the building. Using bags of the color different from mentioned above, leaving glass bottles in common areas or putting them into bags will be charged and additional fees will be deducted from the deposit.
- Not allowed :
- Animals ; loud musical instrument ; fryer (for French fries) or any device with a consumption of over 800 W ; electrical heaters ; anything with an open flame such as candles etc. Possession of any prohibited electrical device will result in electricity charges to be increased by 10€ per week per device from the beginning of the lease, deductible from the deposit.
- duplicating keys or lending those to third parties. A lost front door key will result in its replacement at a cost of 180 € (as it means other keys must be issued and locks might have to be changed). The loss of any other key or key card will result in its replacement at a cost of 50 €.
- changing the number of beds in the room. Rooms are designated for personal, individual use, as per the rental contract.
- Visits : occasional visitors are allowed as long as there is no extra bed in the room. The management reserves a right of inspection. If it turns out that a tenant is hosting someone, the rent will be increased by 50% starting from the beginning of the tenant's lease.
- The deposit cannot be used for the rent. It will be refunded in full by bank transfer after receiving the keys and after ensuring the room is left in its original condition. Cleaning fees, if any, will be deducted from the deposit.
- Complaints : please discuss any issue with the house manager or the management.
- The management reserves the right if necessary to amend the current house rules and to have them signed again.
- Any tenant in breach of these house rules can have their his/her contract terminated and can face expulsion, with any damage/claim/due rent for early termination to be deducted from the deposit
- Loss of room key : a lost key card or key will result in a 25€ charge for a new card.
- Opening of the door if the key or key card has been forgotten inside :
we do not provide a 24/7 reception so if you are locked out after forgetting your key card inside the room, you might have to wait until someone is available to open the door. In case of an emergency (week-end, evening, rush job requested by you) a 25€ charge will be applied to cover key re-issuance and sending an extra person to open your room.